Tuesday 3 October 2017

I love.....

I love my wife obviously. But is she my only love? No of course not. I cheat on her regularly. Am I proud? Yeah why not?! Should I be scared of her finding out? She knows already! Am I going to stop.......never!

Ok so I don't actually cheat on her with other women, that would be silly. I just have other loves. Other loves that obviously come second best to that gorgeous specimen of a woman I am proud to call my wife. But other loves all the same.

The first is my love of football, in particular Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. I grew up in Chingford, East London, which is a stones throw from Tottenham. I used to go to the games as a young 13/14 year old and stand in the Paxton Road end of the ground. We'd rush off the 444 bus, down the High Road and into the ground when the turnstiles opened. Two whole hours before the game just so we could get the best spot in the middle of the stand. There was a bar. Not a drinking establishment. A metal bar. That was the place to be. I have many happy memories of being squashed up against that metal bar after seeing a goal being scored by Teddy Sheringham, Darren Anderton, Paul Allen......good times.

Now my love is Harry Kane. I remember him coming in to the team at a time when we were struggling and he just gave us fans hope. He didn't look like he should be any good. I didn't really think he would go on to be the player he is today. But fuck me is he good now. I've watched some goal scorers in my time, Teddy, Sir Les Ferdinand, Gary Lineker, Dimitar Berbatov, Jurgen Klinsmann, but this boy could go on to be the best in our history. As we stumble through this season and on to our new stadium next season, let's hope he stays with us and we actually win something.

Not sure why I have my eyes shut!

Come on you Spurs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love.....

I love my wife obviously. But is she my only love? No of course not. I cheat on her regularly. Am I proud? Yeah why not?! Should I be scared...